Past Musings

Friends

:: Domier::
:: Ariana in Germany::
:: Roam Noth::
:: Tom::
:: Mira::
:: Juliejuliejulie::
:: Micah::
:: Ho::
:: Fo::


free hit counter


Tuesday, March 09, 2004

 
...mr. children...

So Japanese Idol Singers have cool band names. But nothing in comparison to Tokyo Punk Band names. See, I have a total obsession with Japanblogs. Anyway, after months of reading this one guy's, some of my favorite Japanese Punk band names are "Snath Control", "Strong Pasta", "Super Bad Dude", and "The Version Nuggets". You gotta love that Engrish (at least we hope it is Engrish...) so at school, I came up with my own Chemistry themed (some of them) band names, slightly Engrish inspired:

Equilibrium Peanut (or Donut)
Sizzling Cotton
Bowl of Mercury
Volumetricflask
And the best one, for a teenybopper group of girls (sorta like the Spice girls, but a bit younger): The Pipettes

So I'm busy hard at work at school you can see. Of course, sprinkle a bit of 1337 in there, plus some misspelled names, etc, and it's perfect. Have the quote of the day.

Mo: You're DUMB!
Noam: I'M Dumb? YOU'RE in the dumb club too!
Mo: I am?

And thus, I was late for chem. But that was one class, out of 7, which is a fairly good percentage if you ask me. It's way less than 50%. Anyway, I would like to point out that the number of emotional breakdowns caused by PE is well above the acceptable rate. I let it ruin my life, of course, but not to the point where I actually feel bad if I can't do whatever. For example, on monday sally was telling us that it's unacceptable to have a 10 minute mile time in the 3rd quarter of the school year. However, I DO have a 10 minute mile, which is perfectly respectable, and thus I have no problem with it. I don't like the fact that they're trying to GIVE us insecurities where we have none.

Also, what are people so punctual for? It's like they don't understand we outnumber the upper classes (in this case, the teachers/faculty). In medieval combat, no one wanted to charge, and why? Because that way, anyone who revolts is one person's suicide. But the point is, after PE, we have ridiculously short amounts of time to change (forget about showering), and get back to class. The stupid thing is that most people just run back to class. If we all walk together and are late, then it's not our fault. But I'm consistently the last person to walk into math because other people decided they would save themselves. Also added in is the fact that I'm almost always one of the last people to finish running. So anyway, this is definitely what bugs me about people in our school. There's almost no like... status of rebellion. If I'm late to class (as I was to chem), people don't smile at me, they go "omigod, you're late!" like it's some huge deal. We have no alliance with each other, which is saddening.

mo posted at 7:56 PM.