Past Musings

Friends

:: Domier::
:: Ariana in Germany::
:: Roam Noth::
:: Tom::
:: Mira::
:: Juliejuliejulie::
:: Micah::
:: Ho::
:: Fo::


free hit counter


Friday, June 18, 2004

 
...nani?...

Now that Iiaeaux has DDR I can play it with more frequency. Unfortunately, her game doesn't have our favorite song, Butterfly. Wanna know the lyrics of butterfly?

First there's some wailing that sounds like aiaiai over and over... then

I've been searching for a man
All across Japan
Just to find, to find my samurai
Someone who is strong
But still a little shy
Yes i need, I need my samurai

Ay, Ay, Ay, I'm your little butterfly
Green, black and blue, make the colours in the sky
Ay, Ay, Ay, I'm your little butterfly
Green, black and blue, make the colours in the sky

Of course sung in a very high pitched waily Japanese girl with a mild accent (since she's singing in English)...

I like how they're talking about samurai, as if they still exist... it was a big thing in Japan, like, a couple hundred years ago. But now they can sing about it in DDR, a newer craze in which you step on colored arrows as weird colorful robots flash by on the screen trying to distract you from the equally bright arrows, while you're trying to find the beat to this j-pop.

But hey, it's fun.

mo posted at 8:00 PM.